We are about to launch a Community Support Agriculture (CSA) online shopping platform. You’ll be able to pay a flat fee to reserve your weekly basket or box of fruits and vegetables. It will augment rather than replace our current booth at the Kailua Farmers’ Market while offering numerous advantages.
- Availability: sometimes an item sells out early or is unavailable at the farmers’ market. With our CSA you’ll have a better chance of getting first dibs on the vegetables and fruits you need and want. Every week we’ll provide a balanced selection from our many different member farms. No mono-culture here; only wonderful diversity.
- Convenient online purchasing: you’ll be able to reserve your basket or box well ahead of time, pay online with your credit card or e-check and pick up your order at the Kailua Farmers’ Market on Sunday.
- A size for every budget and household: details are being finalized now, but we will probably offer a small 1-2 person basket or box as well as a larger family-sized one.
- Extras and add-ons: want something more? You’ll still be able to buy products at the market, and you’ll also be able to buy add-on products online à la carte like other (unusual) fruits and vegetables, local honey, pro-biotic red beets, relish or kim chee, pickled mushrooms and teas and tinctures. We’re constantly adding to our menu of choices.
- Replacement products: want something else? No problem. While details are being worked out, with our swap and share system, you’ll likely be able to exchange an item in your box or basket for something else, in case your weekly menu changes or you’d just prefer something different.
- Discovery: ready to discover new fruits and vegetables or new ways to prepare old favorites? We’ll include recipes to help enrich your culinary experience.
- Flexible: if you’re going on a trip or for whatever reason you need to pause your CSA membership, you’ll be able to do so at any time using your convenient personal dashboard.